We are looking for a versatile and enthusiastic front-end web developer - with a creative edge, to join the expanding digital team of this flourishing full spectrum marketing & design agency.
Established for more than 25 years they are an agile and friendly, delivering great digital, print, packaging design, branding and events. Their clients span a range of sectors including healthcare, education, media, not-for-profit and commercial. Their success is built upon inspiring action, driving change and delivering growth for their clients.
Events of the past 12 months have triggered an exponential escalation in demand for digital marcomms, and my client has seen a big increase in digital business through their door. As a result, the hunt is on for a creatively inclined front-end developer, hungry for challenge and variety and a burning desire to take their experience to the next level.
Reporting to the Head of Digital, you will be
- Working directly with clients to take projects from start to finish
- Developing bespoke WordPress themes from flat 2D artwork to live site (they have an awesome in-house boilerplate theme to speed this up)
- Working with popular WordPress plugins such as Memberpress, WooCommerce and LearnDash to add additional functionality to client sites.
- Creating smaller websites using page builders such as Elementor
- Creating standalone web apps where required, e.g. for a single page app
- Developing email templates using a framework e.g. MJML or Foundation
Rewards & Location
- Competitive salary and progression plan
- Commission for projects or clients you bring in
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An additional 3-4 days off over Christmas (depending on when the calendar falls)
- A substantial training and development budget
The position is currently based mainly at home due to Covid. Preferably, you will live within commuting distance of Winchester however it is not essential - you may choose to work from home or the office or a mix of both.
The successful candidate will have full involvement in projects and will work well both independently and in a team. A willingness and drive to learn is integral, so if this role sounds up your street please apply today.
Interested? Contact James at MAD Staff through here for more information and he’ll send you a detailed job description. And if you like what your read, he’ll arrange to have a chat with you.